[pulseaudio-discuss] Hiccups in audio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 5 01:07:20 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and nikhil.rao at wipro.com at 05/06/09 07:15 did gyre and >
I was wondering if I implement the tsched in the
> pulseaudio version I am currently using, will help fix my audio playback
> problem?

0.9.10 has *only* interrupt driven mode (equiv of tshed=0). If you want
to try timer based scheduling (which is not what was originally
suggested) I'd strongly recommend just upgrading to 0.9.15. Why backport
a very complicated core change to "test" something - it wont be a true
test of whether it's fixed things anyway as your own tweaks in
backporting could contribute to that.

Also tsched=1 mode had many fixes over the course of the 0.9.11, 0.9.12,
0.9.13 and 0.9.14 releases so the backporting job will be very, very
time consuming and complex.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]