[pulseaudio-discuss] PA can not load module-jack-sink FnF

Marco Peroverde marco.peroverde at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 06:02:26 PDT 2009

Hi!

I'm trying to get PA working with Jack so that I can use my firebox
firewire device.
As described here

I copied the modules jack-sink and jack-source to the other PA modules
in /usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules. I'v edited the default.pa to load those
modules.
But the modules can not be loaded because PA can't find them.
The copied modules have the same owner and the same permissions as the
other modules.

marco at marco-desktop:~$ pulseaudio
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
E: module.c: Failed to open module "module-jack-source": file not found
E: main.c: Module load failed.
E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon

I'm running now a Ubuntu 9.04 and PA 0.9.14 the modules are also from
0.9.14.

I found that bugreport
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/337736
could it be related to my problem?