[pulseaudio-discuss] PA can not load module-jack-sink FnF

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Jun 6 14:58:33 PDT 2009

On Sat, 06.06.09 16:05, Marco Peroverde (marco.peroverde at googlemail.com) wrote:

> Hi Lennart!
>
> Ubuntu has no modules for pulseaudio jack support in it's package
> manager.

Then file a bug and ask them to include it.

> I did the setup according to this guide (german).
> http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Benutzer/Phaiax/ffado

Because someone wrote something on the Internet this doesn't mean it's
a good idea. I wish that "guide" would go away.

The internal PA interfaces are not stable. You should only use modules
and the server from the same build, not mix and match. Errors like
yours are almost compulsory if you use binaries from different
distributions and in different versions together.

> I did this before on Intrepid and there I could manage to let
> PA reroute audio streams to jack. The connection was not reliable
> but it worked.

Not sure what "Intrepid" is.

> According to google I'm the only person on this planet who experiances
> this problem...

To start with what you are doing is simply a bad idea.

The proper fix for your situation is to have a proper Firewire plugin
for PA. And I offered it before, and am offering it again: I am happy
to do the work for that if someone supplies me with a ffado comaptible
device for at least two months or so.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net