[pulseaudio-discuss] PA can not load module-jack-sink FnF

Marco Peroverde marco.peroverde at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:13:47 PDT 2009

Am 06.06.2009, 23:58 Uhr, schrieb Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net>:

> Then file a bug and ask them to include it.

I was up to do so and then recognized, there is already one for some time.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/109659
Their problem is, that jack relies on freebob and freebob is replaced
by ffado so they put jack to the univerese repository. But Pulseaudio
is in main repository. So thy can not provide prebuild packages and
point to the Debian module-jack-sink/source deb.

> Not sure what "Intrepid" is.
>
>> According to google I'm the only person on this planet who experiances
>> this problem...
>
> To start with what you are doing is simply a bad idea.

Intrepid is an older Ubuntu release. Don't bother ;)
Well Ubuntu derieves from Debian but you may be right. I think
the Ubuntus are modifying the PA source because the actual release uses a
Pulseaudio version 0.9.14_Ubtuntu20.

Well i don't care anymore. I already put to much effort into it just to
listen
to some flash videos on my studio equipment just for fun...

> The proper fix for your situation is to have a proper Firewire plugin
> for PA. And I offered it before, and am offering it again: I am happy
> to do the work for that if someone supplies me with a ffado comaptible
> device for at least two months or so.

Do you want to replace ffado or do you want to link PA to ffado?