[pulseaudio-discuss] [PACKAGERS] Patches for 0.9.15

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:24:33 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Lennart
Poettering<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10.06.09 02:16, Felipe Contreras (felipe.contreras at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> I still haven't heard an advantage of "$version-stable" over "stable".
>
> I am with Colin here. It's simply a fact that different distros stick
> to different versions of PA and maintain them parallel. It hence
> makes sense to track that upstream, even if that means having a
> seperate branch for almost every release.
>
> It would actually be nice if I wouldn't even have to roll tarballs
> anymore but distros would get their stuff directly from the branch for
> each release.

Shouldn't distros get their stuff from stable tags, such as 0.9.15.1?
The "stable" branch would point to the latest one; 0.9.15.5, or
whatever.

And of course you can always create a branch for an older stable
release if you want:
git checkout -b 0.9.14-stable 0.9.14.3

But it doesn't need to be on the main repo.

--
Felipe Contreras