[pulseaudio-discuss] Stopping pulse in Fedora 11

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 15 15:54:16 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Chris at 15/06/09 23:15 did gyre and gimble:
>> Shouldn't be too hard to fix for someone who cares to fix this. All
>> that is needed is probably some fragment in /usr/share/alsa/cards/
>> that maps front:xxx in some sensible way to your card.
>
> So is that how pulse picks up it's device configuration, via the ALSA
> config? I'm trying to do some investigation but the config file format
> is a little confusing at first. I'll keep working on it anyway - I've
> found a few hints via the wonder of google.

Well pulse doesn't parse the alsa config in any way, it just knows that
the setup itself should be sane and standard things (like front:xx)
should work and do a specific job etc. It's alsa's job to make sure
these standard things actually work on all h/w.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]