[pulseaudio-discuss] Stopping pulse in Fedora 11

Chris chris1.noreply at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:05:56 PDT 2009

2009/6/15 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
> Well pulse doesn't parse the alsa config in any way, it just knows that the
> setup itself should be sane and standard things (like front:xx) should work
> and do a specific job etc. It's alsa's job to make sure these standard
> things actually work on all h/w.

OK, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably have
another crack at solving this in the next couple of days. So if
pavucontrol only shows the digital outputs (as described in the bug) I
guess that means that the front:xx output is not correctly or not at
all configured? The config file /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf
certainly has some blurb in there but it's quite minimal.

Here it is, just for your info and any hints you can give to help my tinkering:

ICE1712.pcm.front.0 {
        @args [ CARD ]
        @args.CARD {
                type string
        }
        type route
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.1.1 1
        slave.pcm {
                type hw
                card $CARD
        }
}

Compared to the entry for the digital outputs, it's very brief.

Thanks, Chris.