[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.16-test1

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 24 04:19:18 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Diego E. “Flameeyes” Pettenò at 24/06/09 11:07 did
gyre and gimble:
> Il giorno Tue, 23/06/2009 alle 19.23 +0200, Lennart Poettering ha
> scritto:
>> I have just tagged and rolled the first test release of PA 0.9.16.
>
> Quick report from my packaging tries:
>
>  - somehow it fails to load zeroconf-publish, even if it's built,
> present and strace shows it at loading it returns "File not found";

Probably some degree of underlinking which happens quite a lot seeing as
Lennart's build env is overlinked.

I'd guess it's missing a dbus dep or perhaps an internal -util lib it's
now using...

>  - the default.pa gets changed to use udev-detect, but it still builds
> hal-detect;

I think this is deliberate for now - perhaps when udev >= 143 is not
found? I guess the correct thing here would be to use the right module
in default.pa depending on whether udev is detected or not?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]