[pulseaudio-discuss] Using network streams with differing versions of PA?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 9 09:48:31 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Mark Greenwood at 08/03/09 23:08 did gyre and gimble:
> I've got a network sink running PA 0.9.10 and a source running 0.9.15.
> The source discovers the sink using zeroconf. Whenever I use pavucontrol
> to route audio from the source to the sink, the CPU usage of PA on the
> sink exceeds 90%, and PA quits. This didn't happen when both ends were
> running 0.9.10. Do I need both ends to be the same version, or is there
> a bug in 0.9.15?

I'm not 100% sure and I've not really looked into this myself yet but
this has been reported a few times.

Lennart is away just now, (as am I actually!). but hopefully we'll get a
chance to look at this soon!

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]