[pulseaudio-discuss] Using network streams with differing versions of PA?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Mar 19 06:44:21 PDT 2009

On Sun, 08.03.09 23:08, Mark Greenwood (fatgerman at ntlworld.com) wrote:

> I've got a network sink running PA 0.9.10 and a source running
> 0.9.15. The source discovers the sink using zeroconf. Whenever I use
> pavucontrol to route audio from the source to the sink, the CPU
> usage of PA on the sink exceeds 90%, and PA quits. This didn't
> happen when both ends were running 0.9.10. Do I need both ends to be
> the same version, or is there a bug in 0.9.15?

I try my best to make sure we stay compatible between protocol
versions, however I seldomly test this. Also, The current tunneling
code in PA has not been updated to the current protocol version.

Please note that you cannot connect sinks and sources directly. Please
be more elaborate what you exactly did to trigger this issue.