[pulseaudio-discuss] 'module-rtp-send' suspending in PA 0.9.15?

Erich Boleyn erich at uruk.org
Sat May 2 12:34:53 PDT 2009

Erich Boleyn <erich at uruk.org> wrote:

> > When looking through the code in 'module-rtp-send.c', I see the following:
> >
> >     pa_source_output_new(&o, m->core, &data, PA_SOURCE_OUTPUT_DONT_INHIBIT_AU
> TO_SUSPEND);
> >

> > Now, I'm thinking of just removing that line in 'module-rtp-send.c',
> > but the real questions are:
>

> To be clear, I meant replacing "PA_SOURCE_OUTPUT_DONT_INHIBIT_AUTO_SUSPEND"
> with "0" in the options argument.

OK, I tried this and it works for the case of the ALSA source in not
suspending.

BUT, now it never lets the source suspend, even if it's a
"module-null-sink"'s monitor with no inputs.

Maybe the problem is that the ALSA source is "auto-suspending" and it
needs to just never suspend unless it's outputs tell it to?

Or does there need to be a 2nd category of AUTO_SUSPEND?

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <erich at uruk.org>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"