[pulseaudio-discuss] volume-independence on secondary output devices

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Nov 8 02:01:33 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jud Craft at 08/11/09 03:09 did gyre and gimble:
> It appears that when I plug in a secondary output device (like my
> docking station's USB-type sound card) and reroute Pulse to it, I can
> no longer use the main volume control in GNOME to change the volume of
> sound output.

The main volume control (e.g. the applet in the system tray or the
buttons on your keyboard/laptop) will control whatever device is marked
as "default" or "fallback". If you tweak this, it will work with the
appropriate device.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]