[pulseaudio-discuss] Howto debug "Connection refused" problem

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 9 09:35:35 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Kees Bakker at 09/11/09 11:02 did gyre and gimble:
> BTW. I've got pulseaudio 0.9.10 installed. But the pulse library packages
> are 0.9.19!! Could this be a problem?

Yes.

> If yes, then I'm in trouble because
> I can't downgrade libpulse0 and friends due to dependencies to a lot of
> other packages, and upgrading pulseaudio to 0.9.19 is not possible either.

You should be able to enable a very inefficient way of making it work.
Enable tcp based access to your 0.9.10 PA daemon and then set
PULSE_SERVER=localhost in your ~/.bashrc or similar. The 0.9.19 libpulse
client will then talk to your 0.9.10 pulseaudio server via TCP which
stands at least a chance of working.

Lots of features wont work tho'.

I have to ask, why not just upgrade? If you are running a half-backed,
patched up install, then you have to expect problems....

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]