[pulseaudio-discuss] Adding PulseAudio Capture to OpenAL

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at rivendellnh.com
Fri Nov 13 06:21:20 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 09:39 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Mike Dickson at 13/11/09 01:03 did gyre and gimble:
> > I'm trying to debug the capture function of OpenAL when using PulseAudio
> > native capture.  I don't know either OpenAL or Pulseaudio well yet from
> > a developer perspective but I need some software to work w/PulseAudio
> > that does capture so I dove in..
>
> Very noble! I'll try and help as best I can.
>
> > The code in OpenAL for Pulse looks like it was largely modeled after the
> > gtsreamer pulsesrc.c code. It initializes the threaded mainloop, creates
> > a context sets a callback function, calls pa_context_connect and then
> > loops getting the state looking for it to become ready.  I get an AUTH
> > response back and then it blocks forever waiting for the context to
> > become ready.
>
> I presume it still processes the mainloop at this stage?
>
> Col

Hmm, ok, very interesting...

The test code I have (and probably the Vivox SLVoice client which is the
real goal) opens an output stream first and then tries to open the
capture device. It looks like it initializes a "mainloop" for both
streams.  Is that correct behavior or a problem?  I'll do some debugging
around this and see if I can't ferret out a problem.

Thanks!

Mike