[pulseaudio-discuss] Adding PulseAudio Capture to OpenAL

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 13 07:37:58 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Mike Dickson at 13/11/09 14:21 did gyre and gimble:
> Hmm, ok, very interesting...
>
> The test code I have (and probably the Vivox SLVoice client which is the
> real goal) opens an output stream first and then tries to open the
> capture device. It looks like it initializes a "mainloop" for both
> streams.  Is that correct behavior or a problem?  I'll do some debugging
> around this and see if I can't ferret out a problem.

There should only really be one mainloop for a given PA context. If they
start two contexts (which means two connections to PA then there would
probably need to be two mainloops. I'm not really sure tho' as I don't
really know how the integration works.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]