[pulseaudio-discuss] redirecting audio from SAA7134 tv card

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Oct 2 08:42:45 PDT 2009

pe, 2009-10-02 kello 18:30 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen kirjoitti:
> > Sadly the audio has a very poor quality:
> > 1) the audio is pulsing, it seems that it pump up and down the master
> > volume
> > 2) the rate is wrong, because it seems an old 33 rpm listening at 45.
>
> I don't have any idea about the volume pumping, but the rate problem
> sounds like the tv card driver is broken: I guess pulseaudio opens the
> device with rate 44100 or 48000 Hz, but the card actually sends stuff at
> 32000 Hz. In that case there should be regular audio drop-outs, since
> the sink plays samples faster than what comes from the source.

Oops, I didn't notice Lennart's earlier reply to the rate question...
Since the loopback module doesn't depend on the source's reported rate,
but resamples according to empirical history data, I think the behaviour
that I described above shouldn't happen even if the reported sample rate
from the tv card driver is completely bogus.

--
Tanu Kaskinen