[pulseaudio-discuss] Example using async API

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 5 14:30:17 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 23:01 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Uh. F10. That's quite old. PA is very much in flux, I'd not suggest
> users using old versions like that.
>

> If you ask me, especially developers should live on the bleeding edge,

But that doesn't make sense if you are developing real applications.
Real users are seldom on the edge and if your code has to work for them
being a bit behind the curve makes more sense I think.

Anyway I'm now on F11 .

> so if you don't want to go all the way to rawhide (what I'd
> recommend), then at least make sure to run the latest released
> version.

I'm just building 0.9.19, but it's failed on the version of sndfile.

Requested 'sndfile >= 1.0.20' but version of sndfile is 1.0.17

If I'm going to have to upgrade lots of other packages I'm afraid it's a
show stopper for my attempt to integrate with pulseaudio properly.

I've got people lined up to test my applications and I can't expect them
to manually upgrade their machines if the current versions of packages
in their chosen distribution are too old.

PeterO