[pulseaudio-discuss] Automatic selection of an audio sink depending on value of ENV variable

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 20 09:38:33 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Michał Sawicz at 20/10/09 17:32 did gyre and gimble:
> Dnia 2009-10-20, wto o godzinie 17:18 +0100, Colin Guthrie pisze:
>> Did you try setting the xprops manually? Make sure that works first
>> (although if pax11publish is looking at the wrong display, it could
>> be
>> the pulse client libs are doing the same...)
>
> Doesn't 0.0 and 0.1 mean there's only one root window - thus only one
> default sink to be set through pax11publish?

I wasn't 100% sure of that, which is why I asked if he'd tried the xprop
manually. The only thing that made me suspect that all was well was the
fact that xprop -root on display 0.1 shows nothing whereas if they were
the same, I'd have though this would return the same values for 0.0 and
0.1... but perhaps that's just not how xprop works.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]