[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio on MacOSX

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Sep 1 10:38:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Lennart
Poettering<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> Uh, is that "second generation RAOP" something apple cme up with? Or
> does only "airfoil" speak this?

It is apple's protocol. It supports perfect time syncing among other
enhancements.

> Does "airfoil" support emulating an airport? i.e. receiving audio from
> iTunes?

Yes. That would be the idea of supporting the newer protocol. Their
"Airfoil speakers" allows streaming audio to windows, linux, and mac,
so if we could only have support for Airtunes 2, we could piggy back.

> Are there any docs available?

No. It's all closed source... Time to get out my screwdriver.