[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio on MacOSX

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Sep 1 10:44:11 PDT 2009

On Tue, 01.09.09 13:38, Jason A. Donenfeld (Jason at zx2c4.com) wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Lennart
> Poettering<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> >
> > Uh, is that "second generation RAOP" something apple cme up with? Or
> > does only "airfoil" speak this?
>
> It is apple's protocol. It supports perfect time syncing among other
> enhancements.
>

> > Does "airfoil" support emulating an airport? i.e. receiving audio from
> > iTunes?
>
> Yes. That would be the idea of supporting the newer protocol. Their
> "Airfoil speakers" allows streaming audio to windows, linux, and mac,
> so if we could only have support for Airtunes 2, we could piggy back.

Are you suggesting they recovered the second crypto key for RAOP?

Or does RAOP2 not dongle iTunes and the Airport together anymore?

Reading http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/speakers.php I get the
impression that they do ot actually support that iTunes can send audio
to their Airfoil Speakers just like that.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net