[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse and bluetooth on Debian

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Sep 3 16:48:02 PDT 2009

On Sun, 23.08.09 00:46, Cameron Hutchison (lists at xdna.net) wrote:

> PulseAudio does not see the headset though. I have the appropriate
> bluetooth modules installed, but they seem to have trouble talking to
> bluetoothd. If I start the pulseaudio daemon manually with verbose
> debugging and with the bluetooth headset connected, pulseaudio seems to
> get stuck for about 15-20 seconds trying to do its bluetooth stuff:

You should install a recent version of gnome-bluetooth and use its
applet to activate the connection. PA will then notice and configure
the device.

> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: IO Thread starting up
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Sending BT_REQUEST -> BT_START_STREAM
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Trying to receive message from audio service...
> D: alsa-sink.c: Cutting sleep time for the initial iterations by half.
> [last message repeated 14 times]
>
> [PAUSE HERE]
>
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Received BT_RESPONSE <- BT_START_STREAM
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Trying to receive message from audio service...
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Received BT_INDICATION <- BT_NEW_STREAM
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Stream properly set up, we're ready to roll!
> D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+28
> I: module-bluetooth-device.c: FD error: POLLERR

Seems the bt stack signalled us some kind of error. YOu might want to
run bluetoothd in debug mode (-nd) to figure out what is going
on. Checking "dmesg" is probably a good idea, too.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net