[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio states blocked

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 21 08:44:51 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Alvaro Alonso Jiménez at 21/09/09 15:34 did gyre and
gimble:
> Hey everybody!!!
>
> I am trying to execute pacmd list-modules in one statement; however,
> when I do it, it says just Welcome to PulseAudio, and it provides me the
> consol, so I have to rewrite list-modules in order to obtain the
> modules. I really need to do it in once. However, in other computer that
> I have, I can do it in once!!!! And they have apparently no difference
> one from another...

"pacmd list-modules" works fine here so don't know what's up with your
setup... maybe an old version?

You can also use "pactl list" which will include the modules plus a
whole lot of other stuff in it's output. pactl uses the pulse protocol
like any other client (i.e. connection to PULSE_SERVER env var etc.
rather than just the local PA daemon) and it doesn't rely on
module-protocol-cli which pacmd requires. So if it's a general purpose
thing you're doing, I'd use pactl instead (even if you have to filter
out the crud).

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]