[pulseaudio-discuss] Mic not working with PA

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 25 10:33:48 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and remrot at gmail.com at 25/09/09 12:11 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi again!
>
>  I found a workaround for the dead mic: adding 'position_fix=1' to the
> option list brought it back to life! However, it's still different from
> within the live system. The recorded stream is very quiet and contains
> significant noise, unlike in the live system where volume and quality
> were very good, even with the capture device almost muted! So, it still
> remains a very strange bug and I wrote another mail to the ALSA
> developer list containing additional information collected with their
> info-script. You can take a look at it there if you like (the devel, not
> the users list). I'm curious if I'll ever get a response...

Yeah I spotted you're orignial one on the list so will keep an eye on
it. You should maybe ask some of the Ubuntu folks who deal with the live
system. You can maybe ask TheMuso on #pulseaudio IRC as he may be able
to help (he's the Ubuntu packager)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but at least you're getting there.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]