[pulseaudio-discuss] Mic not working with PA

remrot at gmail.com remrot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 04:11:46 PDT 2009

Hi again!

 I found a workaround for the dead mic: adding 'position_fix=1' to the
option list brought it back to life! However, it's still different from
within the live system. The recorded stream is very quiet and contains
significant noise, unlike in the live system where volume and quality were
very good, even with the capture device almost muted! So, it still remains a
very strange bug and I wrote another mail to the ALSA developer list
containing additional information collected with their info-script. You can
take a look at it there if you like (the devel, not the users list). I'm
curious if I'll ever get a response...

Thx for your help

Cheers

JK