[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio states blocked

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 25 10:36:31 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Alvaro Alonso Jiménez at 25/09/09 13:48 did gyre and
gimble:
> I really dont know what the problem could be... but this is what I have
>
> malcom at marugan:~/Desktop/TID/SRN$ pacmd list-modules
> Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
>  >>> list-modules
> 20 module(s) loaded.
>     index: 0
>     name: <module-hal-detect>
>     argument: <>
>     used: -1
>     auto unload: no
>     index: 1
>     name: <module-esound-protocol-unix>
>     argument: <>
>     used: -1
>     auto unload: no
>
> You can see that I have to retype list-modules in order to obtain the
> list... It shouldn't be like that, should it???

Nah it should just pass it straight through. It does here just fine, and
  you've already stated it works on some of your machines...

All I can say is as I originally stated: don't use pacmd for anything
you want to do scripting wise. Just use pactl instead.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]