[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio states blocked

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Fri Sep 25 07:37:46 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 14:48 +0200, Alvaro Alonso Jiménez wrote:
> malcom at marugan:~/Desktop/TID/SRN$ pacmd list-modules
> Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
[...]
> You can see that I have to retype list-modules in order to obtain the
> list... It shouldn't be like that, should it???

Are you sure you're not getting confused with "pactl"?

        $ pactl list
        *** Module #0 ***
        Name: module-gconf
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Auto unload: no

        *** Module #1 ***
        Name: module-suspend-on-idle
        Argument:
        Usage counter: n/a
        Auto unload: no
        [...]

Works fine from the CLI for me. According to the man page for pacmd:

        This program takes no command line options.

Regards,
Jeremy.