[pulseaudio-discuss] Unable to compile for some values of CHOST (on x86_64)

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:22:11 PDT 2009

I'm using Archlinux 64-bit (x86_64), and am having trouble compiling
pulseaudio from git (or even release tarballs) unless CHOST is
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. By default my CHOST is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. Is
this an issue with something being hardcoded to the pulse makefiles?
Easy to work around, though.

On another note, pulse cannot compile when the LDFLAGS --as-needed is
used, should it be able to? Archlinux's default LDFLAGS has just been
updated to use that. Again, easy to work around, but perhaps indicates
some issue with pulse's code?

ADDITIONAL: on i686, the LDFLAGS -Wl also prevents compiling, though it
doesn't on x86_64...