[pulseaudio-discuss] Hpw to start the pa server

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 23:34:15 PDT 2010

Greetings;

I have now blacklisted the modules for the hardware that pulse is not
supposed to see or use, and have rmmod'd them also.  The kmix mixer window no
longer shows the 2 audio system this system has that should be ignored, only
showing the emu10k1 (audigy2 Value) facilities.

This is an mdv-2010-x64 system.

How do I go about starting or restarting PA from a root shell?  None of the
other paman or pactl utilities can connect to the server so everything is
greyed out ATM.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)