[pulseaudio-discuss] My computer thinks I'm schizophrenic, is PA for me?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Apr 18 20:04:09 PDT 2010

On Fri, 16.04.10 21:02, Jan Braun (janbraun at gmx.de) wrote:

> Hi list,
> and sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I'm another user who
> has difficulties with PA's multi-user policy.
>
> You see, currently I'm the only person with access to my desktop pc,
> but I have several user accounts on it[1]. And I use them all.
> Simultaneously. As in: several consoles open, often more than 1 xserver
> running,

You know, they invented window managers that support multiple
workspaces. Fantastic stuff. You should try it once.

> xterms ssh'd to otheruser at localhost .

Why would you ssh to the local machine?

Anyway, having one user with a split personality and hence is actually
five users is certainly nothing I designed PA for.

Sorry,

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net