[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio Capture ( recording a Skype conversation )

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 27 08:28:19 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Chris cowden at 27/04/10 14:03 did gyre and gimble:
>> This means that you will effectively be recording both your mic and the
>> output of your sound card and playing back both streams on the null
>> sink. As it is a null sink you wont be able to hear it, but you should
>> be able to see the VU meter in the playback tab of pavucontrol.
>
> When you say I won't be able to hear it, do you mean the recorded
> stream, or do you mean everything even my VoIP conversation?

What I mean is that you wont be able to hear the combined output as it
is playing back via the "null" sink.

You will be able to hear your original output as before (it's
unaffected) and as for the mic, well, you hear that by virtue of being
there when you speak :p

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]