[pulseaudio-discuss] Two identical USB sound-cards - second card fails to load because card-name found in hashmap.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Aug 23 02:01:18 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 23/08/10 07:31 did gyre and gimble:
> So, how to fix the bug? I'd just add a new module argument for
> module-alsa-card: namereg_fail. It could be used by module-udev-detect
> to override the normal logic for setting the flag.

Either that or just fix udev-detect prior to trying to load it.

I'm guessing this could be related to a duplicate serial number in the
usb device itself or similar (e.g. lazy manufacturers?). This is why
Daniel asked for lsusb -v output to see what additional details are able
to be used here.

However, I *strongly* advise using the latest release of PA + the
patches on stable-queue. 0.9.19 is quite old now and there are a couple
hundred additional fixes already committed, one of which may have looked
at this kind of issue.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]