[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiple users (kde) on Debian

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at freenet.de
Thu Aug 26 02:06:55 PDT 2010

Hi Colin,

Thx for you last mail on this topic.
You gave me interesting thing ideas :-).
When I have understood your mail correctly speech-dispatcher should
splitted to two componennts:
1. speech-server running as system service
2. speech-dispatcher-agent, which only connects to sd, pull's the
audiosamples and plays it
to currently available audiosystem.

Now your question why the consolescreenreader can't be run in
usersession:
1. The sr needs to insert keys using the /dev/input/* devices for the
mentioned cursorrouting functionality.
This seems not to be possible in userspace.

2. Screenreading accross different textconsoles with multiuseracces and
the loginprompt needs access to
/dev/tty0 /dev/console /dev/vcs /dev/vcsaX

HTH.
Halim