[pulseaudio-discuss] Fwd: [alsa-devel] Help wanted: emachines em350 internal mic

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 7 03:49:42 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and A. C. Censi at 07/12/10 11:04 did gyre and gimble:
> hi
>
> This question of Pulseaudio using front device and not default device
> where the quirk in ALSA for the array mics with inverted signals in
> each channel works, is somewhat old, but still affects a lot of
> netbook users. I know because I have to help several Ubuntu users of
> my circle, to use Skype, Gtalk, etc.
>
> I have tried to search if it is already addressed in PA, but not found
> (not a very thru search).
>
> Can you look after it?

Yeah, it's been discussed a bit. I'd like to see a "capture" or "input"
name in alsa for this. (effectively the same as front but for recording).

Also it would be nice if alsa refused to open the "front" device when
recording to allow us to fall back gracefully, but I suspect it would be
nicer if we could handle it correctly ourselves.

If we do handle it correctly ourselves, then I guess we could just go
straight to hw: for now until the alsa side is inplemented and thus we
probably should make some patches to handle this.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]