[pulseaudio-discuss] Mic input volume controls

Kulikov, Vitaliy Vitaliy.Kulikov at idt.com
Thu Dec 9 13:53:15 PST 2010

Yes, that's what I meant and my point was just to support David's
suggestions. And I was about to type that scenario above actually does
not work with the current PA but then saw your new response to David.

Another thing, if my memory does not fail me, I believe that somebody in
that same thread stated that 20 dB gain should be good enough for all
purposes but that is not what my experience tells me. It may be good
enough when someone has its mic close to the mouth but may be not good
enough for mic far on the desk. This is why all those mic boost controls
with the ranges of 30 or 40 dB gain are in the audio codecs.

Vitaliy