[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio for two sessions at the same time

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 14 09:20:37 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Noel David Torres Taño at 14/12/10 16:41 did gyre and
gimble:
> On Martes 14 Diciembre 2010 12:22:17 Michał Sawicz escribió:
>> Dnia 2010-12-14, wto o godzinie 12:11 +0000, Noel David Torres Taño
>>
>> pisze:
>>> Yes, thanks, but... How to do it? Is it just to set a system-wide
>>> server or is
>>> there something to do in its config and/or in both $HOMEs and/or UNIX
>>> groups?
>>
>> See http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/SystemWideInstance
>>
>> First google hit for 'pulseaudio system wide'
>
> That does NOT answer my question about audio group access, config on the
> $HOMEs and the like. Thanks, but I learned to read when I was quite young.

No need to be rude to people who post helpful links.

> That page only says that both users should be on pulse-access group, but does
> not say if, for example, .pulse-cookie must be the same, or if
> .pulse/client.conf has to be tweaked.

It also doesn't say how much RAM you need nor whether it works if the
day has the letter 'T' in it... because they are not relevant :p

The fact you know about these additional parts of PA is actually working
against you here - you know too much and it means you try to push them
into a situation where they are not mentioned because they are not
important!

But cheekyness aside, the cookie is not used in system wide mode, the
access is controlled via the membership of the pulse-access group.

There should be no tweaks needed on .pulse/client.conf (the file should
not even exist unless something manual has been done).

HTHs

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]