[pulseaudio-discuss] jack-module tips?

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:52:35 PST 2010

At Sat, 11 Dec 2010 00:25:59 +0800,
Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> Your script should load the jack modules and set them as default. This
> would only work if you haven't had your streams saved to go to the
> soundcard via PA (module-restore-streams I think). Alternatively you
> could just pactl list and unload your soundcard module, so only
> module-jack-source/sink are loaded, it'll all work then.

Okay, thanks. Probably I had done that by GUI on the occasions when it worked better before.

By the way, is there a better GUI to change the default sink/source? The only GUI way I could find is to open the pa applet, which has "Default sink" and "Default source" in the indicator menu. But, I see only Default and Other [1], and to use Other, I have to type in the exact name. It's "possible" but less than ideal vis-à-vis usability, especially if pa is targeted for typical consumer-grade applications, whose users don't want to have to learn the pa CLI to do basic configuration :)

Quite possibly I'm missing something.

Thanks!
James

--