[pulseaudio-discuss] how to change the zeroconf published sink name ?

nico nico.inc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:10:15 PST 2010

> So you should be able to adjust that fairly easily.
> (see update-sink-proplist in pacmd - you will likely have to unload and
> reload the avahi-publish module to see the change tho')

Great !

Something like:
update-sink-proplist 0 device.description="my-very-own-pulseaudio-setup"
unload-module module-zeroconf-publish
load-module module-zeroconf-publish

it worked nicely.

But now that I know how to do that interactively, what would be the
best solution for a permanent setup?
Obviously putting those lines in default.pa was a stupid move...