[pulseaudio-discuss] ubuntu flash pulseaudio multiuser

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 22 11:37:47 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and duportail at 22/12/10 19:26 did gyre and gimble:
> I have a multi-user system with four usb soundcards.I use pulseaudio per
> user.
> I set default soundcard per user.However flash uses always the first usb
> soundcard.Other applications use the user's default soundcard.
> Is there a solution or is it a flash issue?

Do you use system-wide PA or a separate PA process for each user
(recommended).

If the latter, then all you need to do is setup the ACLs correctly
(probably via some custom udev trickery) so that a given user is *only*
allowed to use the one USB card.

This setup will mean each user can only use one sound card by virtual of
file-system permissions and PA is designed to respect these permissions.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]