[pulseaudio-discuss] ubuntu flash pulseaudio multiuser

duportail poort at telenet.be
Wed Dec 22 11:51:44 PST 2010

Op 22-12-2010 20:37, Colin Guthrie schreef:
> 'Twas brillig, and duportail at 22/12/10 19:26 did gyre and gimble:
>> I have a multi-user system with four usb soundcards.I use pulseaudio per
>> user.
>> I set default soundcard per user.However flash uses always the first usb
>> soundcard.Other applications use the user's default soundcard.
>> Is there a solution or is it a flash issue?
> Do you use system-wide PA or a separate PA process for each user
> (recommended).
>
> If the latter, then all you need to do is setup the ACLs correctly
> (probably via some custom udev trickery) so that a given user is *only*
> allowed to use the one USB card.
>
> This setup will mean each user can only use one sound card by virtual of
> file-system permissions and PA is designed to respect these permissions.
>
> Col

  I use a separate PA process for each user.With padevchooser I set the default sink for that user.Al program's,such as mediaplayers sends the sound to the correct usb device that is set as default for this user.
Only flash player in firefox or opera sends the sound to the first soundcard.And not to the default soundcard for this user.