[pulseaudio-discuss] ubuntu flash pulseaudio multiuser

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 23 07:20:46 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and duportail at 23/12/10 13:59 did gyre and gimble:
> I do not use padevchooser.I run a little script to set the default sink
> for each user.
> I can confirm that kde's phonon is the cause of this .If I set up a
> multi-users system with pulseaudio and several usb-audio devices and the
> users only use xfce4 desktop the sound stays ok for flash an other
> player. If they login the kde4.5 desktop,the flash sound goes to the
> first audio device.If the logout of the kde desktop and login the xfce4
> desktop, the flash sound stays on the first sound device.If I remove
> some cache in .mozilla, .adobe and .macromedia, I can set the sound for
> this user and xfce4 back in order.
> Is there a way to disable this phonon?

I guess I'm not going to be able to convince you to do it the right way
huh? Ahh well, I tried :(

You can disable the routing done under KDE by editing the file:
 /usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-kde

It's a bash script. Simply change "do_routing=1" to "do_routing=0".

This will mean the KDE UI's wont work (they will let you prioritise
things, but this configuration will simply have no effect.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]