[pulseaudio-discuss] How to get pulseaudio streaming to PS3?

Nyall Dawson nyall at zombiepigs.net
Sat Feb 6 21:35:12 PST 2010

Hi all,

I remember reading a while back that pulseaudio can use Rygel to
stream audio to a PS3, but I haven't had any luck finding any how-tos
or instructions for how to get this working. WIth rygel installed I
see an option to change the default sink to DLNA/Upnp Streaming, but
setting this option doesn't give me any audio from the ps3. Am I
missing something here or is there additional setup I should do to get
this working?

Streaming audio from my laptop (or even better, my N900) to the PS3
would be the absolute height of awesomeness.

Nyall