[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio over SSH

Jeremy Nickurak jeremy at nickurak.ca
Wed Feb 17 16:35:58 PST 2010

These instructions work, but it's not exactly what I wanted.

I have 2 machines, each logged in. Machine A has a sound card, machine B
does not. I would like to be able to sit down at machine B and run
applications, whose audio will go to the speakers hooked up to A. This means
that an application would have to use one machine as its X server, and
another seperate machine as its pulseaudio server.

What I'd really like is for the pulseaudio server at B to show the
sinks/sources from A, so I could just select A's sound device as the
fallback (although since it's the only device, even that wouldn't be
neccesary.) This takes place over avahi right now as I understand it, but
I'd like it to expand beyond that. (It's a high-speed network, but different
link-level networks).

Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy at nickurak.ca =-