[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio web GUI

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:54:56 PST 2010

On 20 February 2010 23:26, Mateusz Viste <mateusz at viste-family.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 February 2010 21:45 (CET), Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Interesting, thanks! In Python you don't need a separate web server,
>
> Yup... but PaWebGui is not written in Python :)
> Anyway, I could make it a stand-alone HTTP server application, but I don't feel it to be a good thing to do. Having a HTTP server running is not a difficult task under Linux, and keeping things clearly separated seems like a good practice to me.

While I do agree with your point, I am wary of having a full http
server running all the time. But I do agree that reinventing the wheel
here is redundant.

>> I did not look at your code,
>> but guessing from the cgi extension it is Perl?
>
> Nope, not at all :)
> PaWebGui is entirely written in FreeBASIC, and compiled for the Linux platform. The cgi file is just a Linux executable, which has to be ran by a HTTP server.

Freebasic, really? I haven't looked at Basic since the Commodore 128!
I will have fun looking at that code later tonight. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.