[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:52:02 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Right. So why not fix orca and make everything work fine in Gnome? I
> mean, lets fix things properly, not carry on with kludges.

I'm guessing you're and Emacs user.  What's wrong with Vim?  Why don't
we simply improve Vim and not carry on with this Emacs kludge?  The
blind are even more attached to their environment.  And speakup isn't
a kludge.  Real men don't let anyone get in the way of their
accessibility, because their jobs depend on it.  They write kernel
modules to grab console text and slap on an external Braille display,
or Dec Talk speech synthesizer.  If the rest of the world of software
can eventually replace this simple reliable system with something as
good, then great, but that day is a long way off.

Bill