[pulseaudio-discuss] Saving stream volumes per physical output

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 4 21:29:47 PST 2010

If I listen to music with headphones and find that the volume is not
perfect, I turn the music volume up or down. After this the volume is
perfect. Then I switch the sink port to laptop speakers. After a while I
plug the headphones back in. Regardless of what I did to the volume
while using the laptop speakers, I very likely want the music to have
the same volume that it had last time I used the headphones.

Therefore, module-stream-restore has to save the stream volumes
per-output. I propose that the database key is changed to have the
fragment is optional, since not every device has ports. The rolename is
what is currently used as the database key; do not interpret the
proposed key format so that I would propose that streams could be
classified by role only.

--
Tanu Kaskinen