[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio FastTrack Pro

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 15 01:22:00 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 14/01/10 20:34 did gyre and gimble:
> udev actually sets two props: ID_MODEL and ID_MODEL_ENC. The former
> has all special chars (including spaces) replaced by underscore. The
> latter has them escape in a \x20 like notation.
>
> I have now modified PA to use ID_MODEL_ENC and undo the encoding. You
> should now get the USB supplied names without underscores.

Warning: pedantic quibble ahead!

May I suggest some kind of rtrim() behaviour to strip out whitespace at
the RHS?

e.g.
   alsa.card_name = "YAMAHA YST-M45D USB Speaker  "

It's not a biggie. If I find time I'll tweak the behaviour to do an
rtrim-like thing after decoding (either that or tweak the state machine
itself to suppress spaces until a valid char is found - not really
looked at the code), but feel free to beat me to it.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]