[pulseaudio-discuss] I don't understand how to use bluetooth headsets

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:18:30 PST 2010

Between the PulseAudio Volume Control and Skype, I am not sure how to
use my bluetooth headset.

First of, the headset audio is only turned on when I open up the
volume control, there seems to be no way to turn it on, or have it
turn on when Skype turns on, or in any way link it to an application.

Secondly, with or without the volume control open (and hence the
headset audio turned on) Skype 2.1 Beta doesn't seem to work with
PulseAudio -- I am not yet sure where the issue lies. The test sound
doesn't work, and the test call shows "Problem with Audio Playback".

I am unfamiliar as to how to test the headset with PA; ie how to play
a test sound through it. The volume meter does respond to me speaking
into the headset with the PA volume control active.

This is with skype-2.1.0.47-fc10.i586, which is supposed to work with
PA. I would like to somehow confirm that my headset works with PA
before moving on to the Skype forums/list.

--
Fedora 11
(www.pembo13.com)