[pulseaudio-discuss] Stream volumes as the universal volume adjustment method

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 18 01:12:56 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Arun Raghavan at 18/01/10 05:40 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 23:25 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> [...]
>> 4 Put a bigger focus on automatically managed stream
>>   volumes. i.e. volume-follows-focus (Arun!),
>
> Whoops - kind of got off-tracked on this particular project. Last place
> I was stuck was how to get the window-state tracking goodness of libwnck
> without the GLib mainloop.
>
> Any ideas? I thinking a small standalone app which uses libwnck and
> throws out DBus events on the changes we'd like to see could do the
> trick.

Well I remember waaaaay back when, I wanted to use the Glib mainloop too
and Lennart speculated that he had an idea for that.... I've been
sitting on my "notification" branch waiting for progress here but sadly
more pressing matters took priority (I could have pushed it without the
mainloop integration to be fair.... but I'm lazy :p)

Lennart, any secret sauce you can share WRT the glib mainloop
integration for modules?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]