[pulseaudio-discuss] weirdly choppy sound with remote ALSA plugin, only if pavucontrol is not running (!)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jan 23 04:32:38 PST 2010

On 22 Jan 2010, Colin Guthrie said:
> Could you also try this one (on top of the previous one):
> http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=patch;h=84782f24c5f43456430c796bd12f9face24f0573
>
> Actually, it wuold probably be best to use the "stable-queue" branch as
> this contains the recommended patches on top of 0.9.21.

OK, done that: both patches plus the stable-queue (which may well have
contained them anyway). No change. (If anything, the stuttering is
worse, but this may be a pure illusion.)

Are you sure the problem lies with PA itself, not with the PA alsa
plugin? It seems more likely to be a plugin bug to me: only output through
the plugin goes wrong (though it remains a mystery why it goes away
when you start pavucontrol!)