[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio[24553]: ratelimit.c: 497 events suppressed

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 14 04:12:24 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 08:50 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Chris at 14/07/10 01:23 did gyre and gimble:
> > I've just recently upgraded to Mandriva 2010.1 hoping that the above
> > problems would go away. They haven't. I'm still seeing syslog entries
> > like this:
> >
> > pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_delay() returned a value that is
> > exceptionally large: -161920 bytes (-917 ms).
> > localhost pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c: Most likely this is a bug in
> > the ALSA driver 'snd_ens1371'. Please report this issue to the ALSA
> > developers.
>
> > Is this an Alsa issue or a Pulseaudio issue. Other than disabling
> > pulseaudio how can I attempt to correct this?
>
> The clue is on the line above. The issue is that the driver (i.e. from
> the kernel) is giving bogus information to PA.
>
> You can perhaps work around the problem by disabling "Glitch Free" mode
> via draksound, but the problem should really be reported to the Alsa
> guys via alsa-dev mailing list (I find it's more productive than their
> bug tracker).
>
> Col

I've always had 'Glitch Free' mode disabled after our conversation on
this when in happened in 2010.0. I've reported this to the alsa-dev list
and the only one who responded way Raymond Yau who, as before, replied
with I need to run pulseaudio -k ; pulseaudio -vvvvv. I've done that and
have a bzip2 file of 9k, was 129k. I don't know what to do with the log
file now though. Is this a Mandriva issue?

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris